Fred has over 25 years of experience representing clients in business transactions. Prior to joining the Firm in 2004, Fred had been a partner at an AmLaw 100 national law firm as well as a partner at a securities law boutique firm based in San Francisco.
Fred focuses on representing start-up and established companies as well as entrepreneurs and investors in business transactions. His clients are in a variety of industries, including life science, social media, energy and computer technology. Among the primary areas of his practice are:
- Structuring, forming and organizing corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships
- Business financing, including sales of stock to venture capital firms and angel investors as well as credit financing with banks and other financial institutions
- Designing and implementing corporate governance and legal compliance strategies suitable for small and medium-sized companies
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Intellectual property licensing
- Representing investors in privately-held and public companies
Fred is a frequent speaker on business formation, financing of startup businesses and securities law compliance. His presentations include:
- Business Buy-Sell Agreements – Continuing Education of the Bar, moderator and panelist
- Business Succession Planning – Bar Association of San Francisco, panelist
- Los Angeles Venture Association Investment Capital Conference (2004), panelist
- Public Companies in a Post-Sarbanes Oxley Environment – California Directors Institute, speaker and moderator
Fred received his Juris Doctorate from Willamette University in 1986. He received his Bachelor of Arts from Whitman College in 1983, where he graduated magna cum laude and was named to Phi Beta Kappa.